This story of 525 King Street started at the turn of the century in Poland. Around 1905 Ezra Prystowsky, his wife Mollie, and their four children came to Charleston in search of a better life. Ezra started E. Prystowsky & Sons: Clothiers & Furnishers. Ezra and Mollie had two additional children in Charleston. The three sons entered the business, and E. Prystowsky & Sons became known as Mike, Sam, and Jakes. Then in 1926 the youngest, Moses, joined the business. Down the line the clothier became Father and Sons. The shop was run by Moses and his eldest son, Arnold. Father & Sons continued business next door to 525 King Street until 1939 when the current structure was built. Father & Sons continued in operation until Hurricane Hugo came roaring through Charleston. In January of 1990, Father & Sons closed its doors for good. In 2002 Lead Dog,LLC purchased the building and began a complete renovation. On January 30, 2003, Arnold and Shirley Prystowsky attended a dedication celebration in their honor and the new sign bearing the name "E. Prystowsky & Sons" was unveiled.
The first floor of 525 King is the retail pace of a high-end toy store. The second floor of 525 King Street is divided into two 1500 square feet offices. These spaces highlight the original Charleston interior brick walls and heart of pine flooring. Each space features an open floor plan and is ideal for tenants who want to be part of one of the highest profile areas downtown. One of the spaces is currently occupied a Public Relations firm. The other office suite is occupied by two prominent architects.
In 2012, 525 King Street was sold to Jupiter Holdings (read press)